Before you install the NEM Wallet, make sure you are using a computer that is virus free and always use a strong, unique password (read more about it here). You can also watch the video tutorial here.
Let’s get started
Go to nem.io/downloads.
Choose the option that is supported by your OS. In this example, we'll use the Universal Client with Trezor Support.
Extract the zip file and place it in an easy to find location.
Double click on the NEM Wallet file within the folder to launch the wallet.
Click ‘Sign Up’ from the upper right-hand corner. Select ‘Simple wallet’, then click ‘Ready’ to proceed.
Choose 'Mainnet' from the drop-down menu. Click 'Next' to proceed.
Give your wallet a name and a strong password. Remember: You cannot recover or change this password. Make sure you use a unique password. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Click ‘Start’ to proceed to the Private Key generation. Move your mouse around. Your Private Key is being generated through its movement. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Read the Warning carefully. Click ‘Understood’ to proceed.
Backup your wallet file. There are two ways on how to do this.
- Click ‘Download wallet’ and save it in a secure location. It is recommended that it is stored it in an offline location.
- Click ‘Show raw wallet file’ and copy paste the data in a text editor. Save it as ‘.wlt’ file. Important: Do not disclose this key to anyone.
Once you have successfully backed up your wallet, you can now proceed by clicking ‘I have my wallet file’.
Backup your Private Key.
- Click ‘Show private key’ and store it in a secure and offline location. Do not share this key with anyone. It is advisable to not store this key digitally, for example in your email or on your computer.
- Click ‘I have my private key and password’.
- Read this carefully, then click ‘I agree’.
You can also backup your NEM Wallet address for safekeeping and records.
Congratulations you now have a NEM Wallet!
Click ‘Login’ to access the wallet you just created.
- Select your wallet from the dropdown menu.
- Type your password, then click ‘Sign In’. You are now logged into your newly created NEM Wallet.
- You can explore more about your account information by clicking ‘Account’ in the upper right-hand corner.
For further assistance, visit the NEM Helpdesk Telegram group t.me/nemhelpdesk .
Watch the walk-through tutorial below!